Whether it’s your first time to a track cycling event or you’ve been to the velodrome before, we’ve got some important information for you to ensure you have an incredible time.
In the interests and safety and to improve your visitor experience during the event, please note the following conditions of entry to the Lee Valley VeloPark, which will be in effect during the event.
Competition start and door opening times below
Please note that the venue will be cleared between sessions so spectators with tickets for multiple sessions will be asked to leave and re-enter. The schedule is subject to change and so please stay up to date with the latest news and information about the weekend on our website closer to the time.
|Competition start||Doors opening times|
|Friday 14 December|
|Saturday 15 December|
|Sunday 16 December|
Safety and Security
Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time to pass through the Venue’s enhanced security checks. Please be prepared for the entry process to be slower than at previous track cycling events and allow sufficient time before the start of the competition to go through the security process.
- Large bags, such as holdalls, suitcases, wheeled trolleys or similar will not be permitted into the venue.
- Buggies are not permitted inside the arena.
- There is a no re-entry policy at the Venue
- The Venue and the whole of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is a non-smoking Venue
- No alcohol or illegal substances.
- No flash photography
- No loud instruments (whistles, ratchets, vuvuzela, klaxons, etc)
- There must be a minimum of one Adult (over 18) for every 5 minors (under 16)
- Children under the age of two years do not require a ticket (but will be manually counted and should be counted in ticket requests) and will be expected to sit on an adults lap. All children over two years will require a seat and therefore must have a ticket.
- Ticket holders are not allowed to consume alcohol not purchased at the venue within the footprint of the event. No alcohol purchased at the venue can be taken off-site.
British Cycling will reserve the right to deny entry to or remove anyone who is or is suspected to be, intoxicated by alcohol / under the influence of banned substances. No refunds will be given.
Food and drink
No food and drink (including water) can be brought into the venue.
Food and drink for most dietary needs will be available to buy inside the venue but please note that some concessions are cash only and so you are advised to come prepared. The nearest cash machine is at the Sainsbury’s Local on Celebration Avenue.
Drinking water from taps is available therefore spectators are permitted to bring empty bottles into the venue.
The optimum temperature for track cycling is 28℃ meaning that for certain events the velodrome will be warm. Given that outside the venue temperatures will be much lower in December, spectators are advised to dress appropriately with a number of layers that can be taken off inside.