Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2019 Tissot UCI Track Cycling World Cup in Glasgow.
Volunteers will play an important role in the event, and there are a range of roles available in the competition, event support, event experience and hospitality teams.
Volunteer applications are now open. If you are interested in applying to volunteer please complete the application form by 15th September 2019. All applicants will be contacted by Friday 12th October.
Before completing the application form, please read the FAQs below.
The 2019 Tissot UCI Track Cycling World Cup will be held at Emirates Arena from Friday 8th – Sunday 10th November 2019.
This will be the first time that the world’s premier track series has returned to Glasgow in three years.
What are the criteria to apply to volunteer?
- You can apply if you meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or over by Wednesday 31 October 2019
- Available for a minimum of four shifts (early or late) between Sunday 4th November and Monday 11th November 2019.
- Have a valid and working email address
When will volunteer applications open?
Applications to be a volunteer at the 2019 TISSOT UCI Track Cycling World Cup in Glasgow are now open.
When will I hear whether my application has been successful?
On completion of the online application form you will receive a thank you message on your browser screen to confirm your application has been received. We will contact you with updates as appropriate and please do not worry if you do not hear straight away. We aim to have volunteer recruitment concluded by Friday 12th October.
If you hear of someone who has received a volunteer offer before you hear whether your application has been successful, do not be alarmed. We are anticipating a very high volume of applications and therefore your patience will be greatly appreciated. You will know by Friday 12th October 2019 whether your application has been successful or not.
Will you be providing accommodation for volunteers?
No, we will not be providing or covering the costs for volunteer accommodation during the 2019 Tissot UCI Track Cycling World Cup in Glasgow.
Will you be providing expenses for volunteers?
No, we will not be able to cover the costs of travel expenses for the event.
Do I have to live in Glasgow to be a volunteer?
No, consideration will be given to applications living outside of Glasgow. However, applicants need to be mindful of the accommodation and travels costs that they will incur prior to application.
Will the 2019 Tissot UCI Track Cycling World Cup volunteer team receive training?
Yes, training will be provided. Successful applicants will be expected to attend a volunteer briefing, dates and times will be confirmed to those who are successful.
My application wasn’t successful, where else can I volunteer in cycling?
We understand you will be disappointed not to be involved with this event and so would like to encourage you to seek out other volunteering opportunities within cycling and Glasgow by checking out the following sites:
- You can find the British Cycling club finder web page here, which will help you locate your nearest cycling club. Cycling clubs rely on volunteers to help them deliver training and racing activity on a regular basis.
- If you are already involved in a cycling club, you might wish to consider becoming a race official – British Cycling have regular training and a formal pathway for race officials (commissaires) and more information can be found here.
- British Cycling hosts many major events throughout the year and regularly requests help from volunteers so please keep an eye on the website for future events or register here to be kept informed of other volunteering opportunities.
- There is also a volunteer page on the Glasgow Life website here, which will keep you updated on all future events where volunteers will be required.
There are also opportunities to volunteer throughout Scotland on the Volunteer Scotland webpage, here.
If you have any questions that are not answered by the information above please contact the organisation team at email@example.com.